Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML

Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML

Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML Galerie AS3/XML

After 1946
Since its repurchase by the State in 1975, the castle underwent very numerous works of restoration.
Having undergone these insults, the castle is resold to private owners. Numerous historians recognize then the necessity of a repurchase and a restoration of the castle and It is Elisabeth Chirol's work, " Un premier foyer de la Renaissance " (1952) which will really relaunch the debate. In 1975, and after a long legal proceeding, the castle is of new property of the State. The works of restoration can then begin and it is Georges Duval who will be the first chief architect. Besides the emergency works of topping out, important works of restoration will be undertaken. We shall note the reopening of the Gallery on the Valley, the reassembly of certain concise elements in the main courtyard, among which the magnificent Door of Genoa, and finally the repair of the decorations of the low chapel. But what will stay as the major element of this first period of restoration is Return, in 1985, of the roof in "der de hâche" of the
Entrance Pavilion, with its magnificent finials Lead in the weapons of Cardinal d'Amboise.
Directly inspired drawings of Israel Sylvestre, it is also a major example of the use of the reinforced concrete in the restoration of historic monuments, of which G. Duval was a specialist. Afterward, other architects will follow each other and will realize important works on the decorations of the Entrance Pavilion and on the covers: Benjamin Mouton, Bruno Decaris and of Régis Martin, current ACMH (Chief architect of historic monuments). Thanks to these works, the castle is opened to the public in 2011. Every year, the realized works allowing to open new spaces. Indeed, since the repurchase of the castle, it is annually 500 000 euros of restoration that are invested by the State. Thus the history of the castle keeps spelling.
Image   Image   Image   Image
The castle in 1975
The restoration of
the Tower of the Siren
The development of
the Main Courtyard
The lead finials
of the Entrance Pavilion